Following a request from a number of Anash to provide a reminder of some of the points to remember with regard to the upcoming fast of Tisha B’av:
1) The “Seudah Hamafsekes”, the last meal before the fast, does not have any restrictions – there are no ashes and no eggs, just a fancy Shabbos meal which includes fish and meat, but -
2) The Seudah has to be finished by the Shkiah.
3) When it becomes Motzei Shabbos, one should say ברוך המבדיל בין קודש לחול and then change their shoes into Tisha B’av shoes, and sit on a low chair.
4) One does not recite Havdalah on Motzei Shabbos. Before performing מלאכה one should say ברוך המבדיל בין קודש לחול.
5) On Sunday night, after the fast, one should say or hear Havdalah before eating, but one does not say the Berachos on either fire or Besamim.
6) On Sunday night, all of the restrictions of the nine days are lifted, for example, listening to music, taking a haircut, doing laundry, showering etc. besides for drinking wine and eating meat, which has to wait until Monday morning.
Wishing everyone a Good Shabbos and that we should all be זוכה to theגאולה האמיתית והשלימה,