- Fast Begins: 6:07 AM (some hold 5:50 AM)
- Shacharis 1 (includes selichos): 8:00 AM
- Shacharis 2 (includes selichos): 9:00 AM
- Mincha 1 (includes laining): 2:00 PM
- Mincha 2 (includes laining): 4:10 PM
- Maariv: 5:05 PM
- Fast Ends: 5:06 PM
On the 10th of Teves of the year 3336 from Creation (425 BCE), the armies of the Babylonian emperor Nebuchadnezzar laid siege to Jerusalem. Thirty months later - on Tammuz 9, 3338 - the city walls were breached, and on the 9th of Av of that year, the Holy Temple was destroyed. The Jewish people were exiled to Babylonia for 70 years.